As a part of the fringe benefits of doing my FYP in I2R, I got to attend many interesting seminars and talks there. Just attended one on Web2.0 today. Very simple, very straight forward, and very interesting.
Reminds me of a blog post from a friend.:p
Wikipedia has a nice long article on it.
A few points I took home.
- All the Web2.0 applications are content driven. The technology allows people to share and access the content easily. It’s just the means.
- Lower hardware costs are major driving forces for the Web2.0 ‘boom’.
- Mashups (linking multiple available services to create newer, more useful, services) go a long way.
- Look at alternate sources of revenue.
- Finally, all you need is a simple idea, the technologies and support is there. If you do it right, your start-up can also be bought by Google at $2M+++ ;)